1.11.2011

I am saddened by the fact that people from both political parties are now openly blaming the other side for the senseless tragedy in Tucson. I am angered by the fact that they are making an attempt to mask the blame in grief.
Think about that little girl. Just elected to student council, going to visit her congressional representative. Would you want her to know that her death meant so little that it would be used to rail against a political website? Or a talking head on tv?
Do you think that she, with a naive and innocent interest in politics, would want people to work together after such a tragedy? Or perhaps to take stock of ourselves, and find what humanity remained; and, once we had it, to look for it in others? I've answered these questions for myself, I hope that some other people do the same.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.5.8

No comments: