1.01.2011

Request rollover information. Rebalance portfolio. Activate card. Check member rewards status. Update beneficiary information. View amortization calendar. Check escrow account.
It dosen't really seem like me doing any of this stuff. I'm the guy that the repo man woke up at 0230 so he could get his Van Halen CDs out of the car. I'm the guy that the girls at the check cashing place and the Indian gentleman at the liquor store knew by name. Bench warrants? Check. Insurance? Never heard of it? Sell weed? Maybe to some friends.
Its not a "How did I get here?" sort of moment. It's more of a "Which one of those guys am I really?" kind of thing. Left to my own devices, would I still be the shady, skinny, charming, broke, unemployed hustler I was those few long years ago? Or was it just a phase, sowing some wild oats before settling into a more predictable, stable, happier and fatter life? Also, who would win in a fight?
I have a sneaking suspicion that I could still go back to being a no-goodnik. Also, that I could have done ok in college if I had really tried. I guess the point of all this is to try and figure out what parts of each I want to take forward with me this year.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.5.8

No comments: